AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How can this not matter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 7/30/2020 11:54 (#8404852 - in reply to #8404473)
Subject: RE: How can this not matter?

EC SoDak
I remember like 2-3 years ago we heard how dry parts of Iowa was. I believe it was Pocahontas County we kept hearing about and seeing pictures of how horrible it was. If I remember right, I think the county still went around 200 that year. Folks thought IA would average like 170 that year, can’t remember the actual number, but I think it went low 190s.

It’s not that I am not sympathetic towards places like IA/IL, I just have my reservations about believing it’ll be bad overall. (I haven’t really heard much from IA guys, so I believe most think they still have good potential for at least an average crop in dry areas, ie not crying wolf as some say). It seems to be more guys not from there probably sitting on a decent crop hoping to hedge some bushels at a higher price. Not criticizing that either, I’d love a price bump as well. However, I think we can stick a fork in it and count on at least trendline National yields. Give me a couple rains, avoid severe weather damage, coupled with this alleged cool August and this SOB will be huge in my area. That seems to be the same thing we are hearing in a lot of other places as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)