AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven RCM and hypro estop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DevinF
Posted 7/26/2020 22:07 (#8398265)
Subject: Raven RCM and hypro estop

Nwmo
I have an 1194 rogator with 100ft booms, a viper 4 and accuboom. This spring I added 4 more valves and took it from 5 sections to 9 sections. The max amount an accuboom can control is 10 sections. I'm still overspraying quite a bit in terraces, especially if I spray with the terrace.

Thinking my next step would be to go with a raven rcm since it can control 16 sections. I would lose the feedback portion of the section valves but thats okay because I would most likely use hypro e-stops for sections valves.

First question is does the RCM replace the accuboom, product control node, and boom/speed node?

Second what do the new rogators use for section control?

Third has anyone setup a sprayer with hypro estops? Looks like they use a canbus system to communicate between the valves and main control box which i assume allows you to programs what size sections you want to control based on input pins?

The only other route can think of would be to put an agleader isobus liquid system on which i think allows 24 sections maybe more. It looked like the rcm had a little more functionality though as far as pressure based tank level etc.

I have looked at hawkeye systems but the cost is more than half what I paid for the sprayer and i cant justify that, i dont even know if i can justify the estops as i havent gotten a price on them yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)