AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

could there have been a better time to grow up than the 40s 50s 60s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 7/26/2020 21:37 (#8398216 - in reply to #8392005)
Subject: RE: could there have been a better time to grow up than the 40s 50s 60s

just a tish NE of central ND
IDk what to think ,I was born in late 61, graduated highschool and went into staring 18% interest farm loans in the face.....Lived and home and conservatingv
and as risk free as I could. ..Parents still thought that I should work for a dollar a day(roll eyes here) and room and board somewhere else like they did but liked my cheap farm labor here and thought I had it made and had it so good....Compared to what they went through, maybe I did??, IDK? but I sure didnt think so. Looking back, what they gathered together in life seemed to come in the late 40's and into the 50's and 60s.My generation pays twice and thrice in rent what they paid for the purchase price of the whole acre.but we produce but it also comes witha large cost.But our living standard GREATLY improved.... Don't want to go back to no running water or no electricity, burning coal and wood and carrying ashes and no insulation and all and labor either.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 7/27/2020 20:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)