AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Second blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/18/2020 10:03 (#8380792 - in reply to #8380742)
Subject: RE: Second blood test

Pittsburg, Kansas

I think a lot of people could be a lot more healthy by following your lead. Yours is not terribly low carb but for healthy people that are not insulin resistant it does not necessarily need to be.

For example your oatmeal and milk is fairly high in carbs as is the banana and orange. But the fruit is at least whole fruit instead of juice and even though there are some carbs there if your other meals have similar amounts you probably could still be under 150 grams carbs a day. That is about half of what a SAD diet and the food pyramid recommends. I think a fit, not overweight person could do great on that.

You have eliminated the worst sources of sugar like sodas and fruit juices. You cut out the snacks between meals that would keep insulin high and lead to insulin resistance.

If a person is insulin resistant and over weight, then it could take a little more lowering. It all depends on the individuals needs.

I tend to look at things from my own perspective of being diabetic and earlier the need to lose weight, so my perspective is pretty strict on the carbohydrate restriction. Many people could improve their health by just making modest improvements in their diets. Eliminating the worst offenders that lead to insulin resistance.

John

Edited by John Burns 7/18/2020 10:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)