AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Second blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/18/2020 09:49 (#8380772 - in reply to #8380702)
Subject: RE: Second blood test

Pittsburg, Kansas

All good comments.

If a person is at proper weight for their body and is doing active work or exercise they require energy to do that. Eggs and sausage both have very good fat to protein ratios with a significant amount of fat.

If a person has excess body fat, if they keep insulin levels low so their body fat can be burned, then they can use that body fat (stored up groceries) for energy. But a lean person needs to be putting enough energy in via food to supply their energy needs because they do not have an excess of stored up enerby.

Peanut butter is far superior than a lot of other things that could be eaten. I ate peanut butter quite a bit when I started out low carb. it was only when I tried to eliminate as much sugar as I could that we quit buying it. If I am in a pinch and somewhere where my choices are limited in foods I would not hesitate to eat peanut butter. Like you say compared to other sources of sugar it is a drop in the bucket. For those of us who are diabetic we need to be more strict on such things then it matters more. A person always has to look at what their individual needs are.

If Frytown eats peanut butter but cuts out the grape juice, he is still a hundred times ahead of where he was as far as sugar consumption.

If a person can not stick with an eating habit it is doomed to failure. Even if a person does not go 100% perfect going 70-80% perfect and staying with is is far superior than going 100% perfect and giving up in a couple weeks. If a person has been abusing sugar and carbohydrates, any reduction they can muster is going to see improved health. The dose makes the poison. The correct amount is fine for a healthy person. Excess and too often causes health problems.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)