AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Second blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/18/2020 09:30 (#8380735 - in reply to #8380606)
Subject: LDL

Pittsburg, Kansas

Thanks Buster.

I don't know if anyone caught the nuance in the last video, but what Feldman was pointing out that LDL (low density lipoprotein) is actually not cholesterol but instead is the carrier of cholesterol. It is the boat or delivery van that delivers energy to cells and cholesterol is just a passenger.

So if we are eating a diet mostly carbohydrates and low in fat, not many LDL "boats" are needed to deliver fat energy to the body. When we have a higher fat diet and eating less carbs more boats are required because we are utilizing more fat for energy. So it makes sense that LDL is going to be higher because it "needs" to be higher. The body is not a dummy. It knows what it needs. When we go mucking around trying to lower something that is required for proper body function we are trying to outguess the body's needs. LDL is not the enemy. It is a critical function of the body. If we damage it and make the LDL particles small and dense so the liver can not process them properly they build up in the bloodstream and cause problems. But native LDL that has not been damaged by oxidation is healthy and essential to proper body function. Especially in diets higher in fat. What glycates and damages LDL? Excess sugar in the bloodstream. Blood sugar spikes.

Fat is not the enemy. LDL is not the "bad" cholesterol. Carbohydrates are not bad. What is bad is high blood sugar and insulin levels. What drives high blood sugar and insulin levels is excess carbohydrates eaten too often and too much over a long period of time leading to constant high levels of insulin leading to insulin resistance. Eventually in some people leading to diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Leading to a whole host of diseases including heart disease, various cancers, Alzheimers and a long list of non-infection diseases. But for most people it takes years to manifest and they don't even realize they are creating the problems till they reach middle age of after. Then they get a blood test and whammy. But it was from years of abuse of sugar and excess carbohydrates eaten 6, 10 or a dozen times a day (ever time a sip of Pepsi spikes insulin and is carbohydrate intake) that does it over time.

The solution? Don't abuse sugar and eat only reasonable amounts of carbohydrates and don't eat over three times a day avoiding eating snacks in between. Allow insulin levels to drop between meals so insulin resistance never develops. As long as a person is insulin sensitive the insulin they secrete can do its job properly of controlling blood sugar spikes in the blood stream. Some people can go their entire life eating high levels of carbs, but they need to not be eating them all day long (drinking sugary drinks) keeping insulin levels high all the time because that is what causes the cells to become insulin resistant. Insulin resistance is the beginning of a downward health spiral.

Not medical advice, just the way I see it based on what I have learned, subject to error and changing my mind if I find out otherwise. Everyone needs to do their own due diligence.

John

Edited by John Burns 7/18/2020 09:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)