AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Second blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/18/2020 07:42 (#8380546 - in reply to #8380494)
Subject: RE: your numbers

Pittsburg, Kansas

I think your results are very typical of getting rid of the junk food and most sugar in the diet.

There are a few of what Feldman calls Lean Mass Hyper Responders where their cholesterol goes high on a low carb or ketogenic diet.

But limited research so far suggests it not being a problem. High LDL is not a problem unless there is some other underlying problem that is specifically making it go high. Something that is damaging the particles. High native LDL does not appear to be a problem. It is the high dense damaged LDL that is indicating some underlying problem. It is a symptom of something else. Hyperinsulinemia is the usual culprit. The way to get rid of hyperinsulinmemia is to get rid  of the excess carbs in the diet. Because excess carbs eaten too often keeping insulin levels high continuously leads to insulin resistance. Insulin resistance forces the pancreas to secrete more insulin to do the job of keeping the blood glucose levels in proper range. High insulin levels (hyperinsulinemia) leads to a whole range of metabolic diseases. The cure for insulin resistance is to reduce insulin levels in the body. The way to lower insulin levels is to not eat foods that trigger high insulin responses. The foods that trigger high insulin responses are carbohydrates. So to lower insulin levels eat less of the foods that trigger insulin. It is pretty simple really.

For the medical police out there, this does not constitute medical advice. It is just discussion of an interesting topic and is my opinion only. Everyone needs to do their own due diligence and consult their medical professional for medical advice.

Note: this was not targeted specifically to you mjl. I just got on a roll and went with it. I'm often wrong so everyone needs to do their own research. That is what I did for my needs.

John

Edited by John Burns 7/18/2020 08:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)