AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Second blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mjl
Posted 7/18/2020 07:18 (#8380494 - in reply to #8380393)
Subject: RE: your numbers

MN
I watched one of your videos last winter, around the end of feb., where the guys cholesterol was lower if he was 12 hours fasted when they pulled the test, I had just had a test, non fasted, and was 231, but everything else was good, I had lost about 30 pounds a couple years earlier but never had a test done before that, The Dr recommended the dreaded statin drugs being family history runs high, I told him I would try to do it without, I made a few more tweaks to my diet and got more aggressive with the exercise, and lost another 20 pounds, I really wasn't planning on losing any, but I leaned up pretty easy between feb-june,

I added some life insurance in march and due to covid they put off the physical, After field work i did the physical, I made sure I was fasted, my test came back at 175, everything else in normal range, they also did a cardiogram thing, They actually gave me a extra 25% coverage for the same premium, but I had told the agent my cholesterol was borderline high when we first met, so that's what i was quoted, and he did say I could retest down the road if it came in high.

Anyway, So I dropped my cholesterol 56 points in about 10 weeks, I am now wondering if my test came back lower because i was fasted? they did ask both times if I was. It doesn't matter, I like what i eat now and really enjoy the exercise and feel better then i have in 30 years so don't plan on going back to empty carbs, but it makes a guy wonder.

side benifit, my blood pressure went from 135/90 to 112 over 68.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)