AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any tax professionals that could offer some advice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 7/13/2020 20:14 (#8371972)
Subject: Any tax professionals that could offer some advice?

Tuscola, IL
I know this isn’t the appropriate forum, but the amount of knowledge here is astounding so I thought I’d see if anyone could help me out.

Long story short, the state of Illinois is auditing my tax return from 2014. No big deal, my employer deducted the appropriate taxes and everything is square. The problem is, I can not find my W2 from 2014. I have every record regarding taxes back to 2006, with the exception of 2014. Only thing I can think of is we moved that year and something may have gotten misplaced in the move. I also switched jobs that year. I contacted employer number 1 and they sent me a copy in under 10 minutes. Perfect and painless. Employer number two went out of business in 2016. When I contacted the owner, he was uninterested in helping me. He told me the documents are in a storage room in another town and has since not returned a phone call. I have filed form 4506-T with the IRS to acquire a copy of my ‘return transcript’ for 2014. This is the only option I know of that I have left and I’m not real optimistic about it. Between the COVID-19 thing and the IRS being, well, the IRS, it’s nearly impossible to speak with a human. I’m hoping this return transcript will be enough to satisfy the Illinois Department of Revenue.

I suppose my question is, does anyone know how or where to acquire a copy of a W2 from this long ago? The IRS website offers this return transcript back to 2016 but I would rather have a copy of my actual W2 to be sure to satisfy the state. I’m, literally, missing one piece of paper to get rid of this entire issue, but it’s escaping me at the moment.

Sorry for the long and misplaced post, but thanks for any info anyone can help with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)