AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Patriot81
Posted 7/13/2020 06:50 (#8370660 - in reply to #8370572)
Subject: RE: School again

Farmington, Mo
My situation is similar to yours Thomas. My wife isn’t employed by the public school district but I am the school board president for my Lutheran school where our children go.

The board has voted to open school as scheduled like “normal”. I have received several personal comments of support for the “business as usual” approach to the coming year from parents who want their kids in school in a normal social/educational setting. Not 1 person, to this point, has aired any concerns about our plans to reopen. I suspect this will change, but my guess is it will not come from the parents.

I’m anticipating pushback at some point early to midway through the fall semester. My gut feeling is it will be either from individuals of the faculty or from outside forces such as county health department or insurance providers.

Last spring wasn’t fun for us on the board and we chose to follow the crowd and not draw any undue attention to ourselves. The principal and our pastor, along with a 1/3 of our board I believe are more inclined to follow government guidelines. So, at this point, my board is a majority of folks who support business as usual. The true test will be how steadfast they all are when the proverbial poo hits the fan.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)