AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8120 Greenstar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fred
Posted 7/13/2020 09:28 (#8370945 - in reply to #8370472)
Subject: RE: 8120 Greenstar

south east SD
KevinM - 7/12/2020 22:25

I don’t think you will be happy with section control just using sf1. I would suggest at least sf2. You will need a sf2 ready receiver either 3000 or 6000. Probably should go ahead and get a 2630 rather than a 2600. You will probably be able to find a better deal on a used display that already has the auto track and section activations. The display needs a sf2 activation for the auto track if you want to go that route. The sf2 ready receiver will need a subscription to the sf2 signal. There are different length subs available. IIRC 3 months to 3 years. The 3000 will be a little less expensive up front but it’s been around for a while and I don’t know how much longer they will be supported. Several more years I expect.

For a guy starting out I don't see why he would need SF 2?

Been running a 2630 since 2012 planting with row shutoffs on SF1. I have never seen a need for SF2.

Had a 3000 globe and now a 6000 and it is very accurate. I can't plant that straight on my best day.

What he really needs is a good man to help him get it set up the first day, then he will be good to go.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)