AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John burns question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/12/2020 17:02 (#8369665 - in reply to #8369634)
Subject: RE: John burns question

Pittsburg, Kansas

There are a number of doctors saying that now. There is some research to back it up also. One very old research project never published a paper because "the results were so disappointing". This was back when vegetable oils were being promoted as being more hearth healthy than saturated fats. But the research showed the opposite with all cause mortality higher in the control group (the seed oil group). So the results were never published. The old reel to reel computer tapes were found in the basement of the researcher and the son had them converted and the study was finally published recently. It basically showed that saturated fats from animals is more healthy than vegetable oil. Exactly opposite of what Ancel Keys and his diet heart hypothesis claimed. So the study was buried until recently when it was published.

More and more evidence shows that saturated animal fats are superior to vegetable (seed) fats. Not a pleasant thing for me to hear as a soybean and corn producer.

We have quit using vegetable oils in our house and my wife finds when we eat out and things are fried in it it gives her diarrhea sometimes. I think she has become sensitive to it after eating so much of it over the years. It is in about every type of processed food. Nearly all salad dressings have lots of it.

Some think the problem is the high omega 6 to omega 3 oils ratio it causes by consuming so much of it. Other say it is because it lacks double bonds of fully saturated fats and is subject to oxidation with oxidation being the problem. Nearly every cell in our body depends on fatty acids in the cell wall membrane to function properly. Some think we have been eating the wrong type and that has led to a lot of the modern chronic diseases.

I don't know what the truth is, just know it now bothers my wife so we quit using it.

Most of the doctors I listen to blame sugar and seed oils to be at the root of most of our health problems. Wife and I have eliminated both from our diet and it has made a world of difference.

John

Edited by John Burns 7/12/2020 17:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)