AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I never saw this kind of cement truck.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 7/11/2020 08:28 (#8366760 - in reply to #8366711)
Subject: RE: I never saw this kind of cement truck.

Kingston,Mi
Upside to a on site mixer truck is just buying the amount needed, downside (with our local on site mixer anyway) is there no batch ticket to prove the amounts of material and admixtures. I had to have batch tickets to certify that what we received was what we specified and ordered.

Our concrete specification had time limits from when water was added to the dry materials, 90 minutes. Temperature rise from hydration and the number of revolutions of the drum from the introduction of the water to discharge.

We poured 40, 10 cubic yard loads on a job, the foreman was on the phone to batch plant making sure not to many trucks where being loaded at any time. That pour had 5 to 6 trucks in line waiting to get to the pump truck and for me to calculate water to cement ratio and record temp. 39 loads arrived from the batch plant exactly as loaded but 1 part time driver blew in water while waiting in line, I heard him from 1/8 mile away and tested his load more extensively and noted that he had added water without authorization. His load barely passed the calculation for water/cement ratio after his water addition. The rest of his loads came in without extra, unauthorized water. We had the batch plant send the loads as dry as possible so we could add additional water at the pump as needed and within the limits of the specification.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)