AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

john deere 4830 air bags
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 7/10/2020 10:27 (#8365142 - in reply to #8365096)
Subject: RE: john deere 4830 air bags

NE SD
KDD - 7/10/2020 10:00

I still don't get why so many think the 4830 is "horribly rear end heavy". I have had a 4730 and now run a 4830 for the last 6 years. Yes, they probably have a bit more weight on the rear axle than on the front. Many vehicles and implements do. The suspension is so soft, and rides so nice, that it tends to squat down a bit in the rear when taking off. That gives the impression/feeling that it is more unbalanced than it really is.
A few weights on the front bracket solves any issue, and before anyone screams about you shouldn't have to add weight...why not, if it helps, as it is still lighter even with front weights than many of today's larger sprayers.

I have never been stuck with one of these sprayers, and hope I never will, but I have never seen a picture of any stuck sprayer, Deere or not, that is bogged down in the front...every one I have seen has had the rear wheels stuck regardless of brand or balance.

Rear-end heavy...may be debatable. A problem,,,not at all IMHO.

Edit: To the OP: you can adjust the ride height of each bag by adjusting the linkage on the valve at each bag.

The 4830 carries 70% of its weight on the rear axle. It's more than "a bit" heavier on the rear than the front. We finally went to 710 floaters to keep the pig from making ruts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)