AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cultivating 1 month old soybeans (lots of pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 7/9/2020 21:42 (#8364329 - in reply to #8364040)
Subject: RE: Cultivating 1 month old soybeans (lots of pics)

southern MN
Yes, bad deal there. Sorry to hear about it.

Isn’t it difficult to look out a persons window and forget not everyone has the same weather? I’m guilty of that.

I know it’s dry in the central and western areas of MN, and I think is a bit lighter soils there too.

Wish I could share.

Read a story in the paper today, the hillside that has slumped onto highway 68 near here several years in a row.... they spent a lot of time and money fixing it permanently this spring, stair stepped the hill, fixed that spot.

Well..... a week ago in the heavy rain it blew out again, highway was closed 4 days to scrape the pile of mud off the road again.

They are watching another spot nearby that is bulging, but hasn’t let loose.

Back to the drawing board.

Hey 14/15 was rebuilt last year, the new road ditch washed downhill badly, they used an excavator to scoop the mud out of the bottom pool, it covered the drain with 4-5 feet of dirt. They were laying straw mats today.

County road is one lane 4 miles north of that, river eroded the side away it’s taken the shoulder away, it’s one lane for 200 feet.

Wife was thinking of mowing, lawn was still wet with dew at 5:00 this afternoon, no drying weather. Wife said the corn is breathing too hard, putting humidity into the air!

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)