AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunglasses machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dr..Mach
Posted 7/9/2020 17:47 (#8363795 - in reply to #8363628)
Subject: RE: Sunglasses machinery

NE IA
Maui Jim, Costa and RayBan make very nice sunglasses. I've owned all 3 and loved all 3. Just like with any equipment, you will have to pay more for the lenses that do more. Cheap stuff from the gas station is not going to protect your eyes like a Maui Jim, Costa, or Ray Ban. Don't let a sticker that says 100% UV fool you. Maui Jim, Costa, and RayBan lenses will feature protection in the range of 99.6% UVA, 98.9% UVB, and 94.5% UVC (numbers vary by brand). Quality lenses will also be polarized and feature a front and back surface anti-reflection treatment. Colors will look MORE vivid with high quality sunglasses. For years I tell patients to step outside with their budget sunglasses and compare to a high quality pair. Never has anyone ever said things look better with the cheap pair.

IMPORTANT: Cheap, dark sunglasses can do more harm than not wearing anything at all. If you are not protected against all 3 levels of UV, when your pupils dilate behind dark lenses, you will be letting more damaging UV light into the retina than if you were wearing no sunglasses at all thus INCREASING your risk for cataracts and macular degeneration. Don't let your kids or grandkids wear cheap sunglasses! I use to sell high quality baby and toddler sunglasses for $45 so you don't have to spend a fortune.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)