AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How are Jet alum wavy Sides with Ag hoppers holding up? 2010-12 vint
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 7/9/2020 08:32 (#8362932 - in reply to #8362673)
Subject: RE: How are Jet alum wavy Sides with Ag hoppers holding up? 2010-12 vint

Southwest Illinois
We have 2 from that vintage. Well built. They clean out better than any other trailer we have had. Their side windows are the largest that I have seen. They did have some questionable top rails for a couple years and they came down and did the reinforcements on our trailers. However they have kind of fallen behind. Resale is not very good in our area of SW IL. Price is also higher than Wilson or Timpte. We bought a new Wilson lat summer. Pretty well equipped, aluminum subframe, disc brakes, stainless F/R, air ride, all alum wheels, 72" sides. It was $1000 cheaper than a similar new dual wall Jet without disc brakes. So when you have a higher than average new price and poor resale, I would suggest that is not a good.

I wouldn't be afraid of a used one. The clearance on the Wilsons is a bit better. The old rounded hoppers hold a heck of a load. But until resale improves or the new price comes down I am probably done pricing new Jet trailers. 10 year old Wilsons around here in good shape will still bring $25K maybe more if it is a cherry. I think the same age Jet would probably be in the high teens, maybe $20K on a good day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)