AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8430 4WD AC lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 7/9/2020 09:06 (#8362997 - in reply to #8362868)
Subject: RE: 8430 4WD AC lines

mn
1967806 - 7/9/2020 07:58

jtpfarm - 7/9/2020 07:31 The cab post cover gets removed and it's a fairly easy job. Ease of installation is about the same between the two. However, the all rubber lines will eliminate the quick disconnect (which is a known leak spot) The purpose of them is to eliminate the rust problem in the cab post. But honestly, look how long they have already lasted. Regardless, make sure you get the roof hose with the low pressure port. That is a far better place for the low pressure switch vs at the pump.

I was thinking the conversion kit has a switch to go in that roof hose and I gotta do some wiring. Stated on it this morning while it was cool. Ready to take the floor our right now to see if that will let me get to the fittings on the quick disconnects. Got an oily floor as well. Something from the dash leaking. May see if he wants that fixed too.

Unless you ordered the complete line kit or specifically ordered the roof hose, you will not be able to put the pressure switch up there. You will have to put it on the pump beside the high pressure switch. You don't have to do much wiring to put it up there. The switch should have came with the correct connectors to just plug it in between the switch and the cab post wire.

Putting the switch at the pump "works" but if you get a little low on freon you can get short cycling and ruin the clutch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)