AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Convential corn chem program?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JellyJugz
Posted 7/9/2020 08:12 (#8362893 - in reply to #8362473)
Subject: RE: Convential corn chem program?

NC South Dakota
Since it's going to be your first time pick fields that have less foxtail pressure. I have 1 field that is so bad I'll need to plant roundup corn or beans next few years before I try conventionals again. Others are fine, foxtail loves sandy soil.

Full rate of Dual or maybe zidua. Layer it, takes alot of rain to get it activated. Mine didn't activate well this year. Get out really early and put out some group 15, atrazine, lv6, and roundup . Layer more after the planter with roundup again before it emerges. Plan on 3.5oz of Caperno if it don't get activated, I'd just plan it at 12" tall with plenty of water, lots of crop oil, and atrazine, maybe more dual as well.

I if u do Corn on Corn get a dosatron and run generic capture in furrow with your pop up, Helps with wireworms, rootworm, and possibly even borer. I run capture on every acre now, just get a better stand. Have some stuff that's 5 years continuous corn now(graze it every year) did 160bpa last year and it's not very good dirt Epley 9520. Had a field do over 200 last year, Epley 9200.

Epley is good stuff, and is priced where it needs to be.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)