AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Keto experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/10/2020 07:36 (#8364840 - in reply to #8364616)
Subject: RE: Foods to avoid on a low carb diet.

Pittsburg, Kansas

Yes just a few habitual changes can make a big difference. Replacing bad eating habits with better ones.

Chaffles instead of doughnuts. A meat snack instead of a candy bar or chips. Mineral water or flavored soda water instead of a sugary drink. Up the meat a little in the diet to replace a reduced amount of root vegetables. Some plain yogurt with a few nuts and berries instead of cake and ice cream. Etc., etc.

The one thing that makes a low carb diet easier to follow than a calorie restricted diet is the satiety effect though. If a person goes too much carbs it can tend to make them hungry quicker and that can lead to over eating. So for some of us I think the low carb regime actually makes it easier to stay on the diet than if we try to slip in the occasional ice cream, pie, cake, etc. Conventional pizza would definitely be a "fall off the wagon" food for me. Several years ago before I knew about the diet my son had done something similar to keto. He lost a bunch of weight and was doing well but what he said done him in was the family went out for pizza one night. That was the beginning of the end for him. Gained it all back.

So for me, especially where I am diabetic, I think I will just stay pretty strict and not risk going backwards.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)