AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Public service announcement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 7/9/2020 06:13 (#8362696 - in reply to #8361584)
Subject: RE: Public service announcement

You have a pretty messed up attitude about this.

100% judgement, 0% grace.

I have personally left kids in the car without realizing it twice.

Once was at night going to a school concert for the kids. Wife took the older two in and I parked and was supposed to take the youngest in. It had been agreed upon earlier so my wife didn’t say anything about it when she got out. I wasn’t really paying attention to how many people got out, when she shut the door I went to park. Youngest was silent. Having forgot about our agreement I parked and went inside. Someone I knew stopped me and talked to me for 10+ min. By the time I found my wife my youngest had been in the car for 15 min. I knew something was wrong as soon as I saw my wife because she did not have our youngest. When you are not usually the one to watch the kids it’s easy enough to do.

Second time I dropped my wife off at Walmart. She was going to do some shopping while I went and got parts with two of the kids. When I left I called ahead for my parts since they weren’t always the fastest to deal with. When I got to where I was going to pick the parts up I was just getting off the phone. Hopped out like I always do and went in to grab the parts.

In the back of my mind when I started the call I had planned on leaving them in the car anyway and just making sure it was only a 5 min in and out deal. But by the time the phone call was over it was just another parts trip to me. Not used to having the kids with me while working so it was out of sight, out of mind. While I was grabbing the parts there was a bit of a line and then a salesman stopped me to talk to me about a piece of equipment I had demoed. By the time I got back it had been 20 min.

I love my kids and both times it shook me and had anything happened to them either time I likely would end up suicidal. Despite that, it has happened twice. I got lucky both times. Temperatures were fine and it wasn’t terribly long either time.

Other parents didn’t get lucky and my heart goes out to them. I have no judgement for them, only grace.

I will say I believe it’s a lot different when normally you aren’t the parent that keeps track of the kids. Your entire routine has to be adjusted and you can’t perform habitually like you often do, you have to perform intentionally. For me that is a hard transition to make when I’m working (like that parts run).

Edited by dpilot83 7/9/2020 06:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)