AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raccoon invasion?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ohiohorsewoman
Posted 7/8/2020 11:26 (#8361245 - in reply to #8361234)
Subject: RE: Raccoon invasion?

pdh - 7/8/2020 11:17

Our house is right on the edge of a timber - which always translates into raccoons invading the yard and our back yard deck about this time of year. This year the numbers seem to be up exponentially. We are WAY beyond the "isn't that cute?" stage. This year they have decided to dig out momma's potted plants. She is not amused. Haven't had the best of luck with live traps - and frankly there are way too many critters for that. Too many young grandkids around to keep a loaded 22 within reach - and frankly the raccoons clear out as soon as I open the door so a 22 probably is not a practical long term solution. What are my options?

Sounds like you're behind the curve. I have friends who are, well, not overtly critical of me, but will cringe when I tell them I dispatch predatory critters. My opinion is that coons are too destructive to both my garden and my chickens. I have caught and released one; three were sent to compost. Re: live traps, try sardines. I've had to tie the can to the trap to get them to trip the trap. Then, buh-bye. They're destructive to the traps too.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)