AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I states party
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Spanman
Posted 7/8/2020 12:13 (#8361322 - in reply to #8361186)
Subject: RE: I states party

neukm - 7/8/2020 09:40

Spanman - 7/8/2020 09:12

So you’re saying the Illinois final yield will be sub 150 (200x75%)? Lolololol I’ll take that bet

I am not. If you think one thread from a guy in Illinois saying it's dry is comparable to the PP out cry last year, which resulted in a change of rules, I don't know what to tell you.

What I'm saying is, there are plenty of posters here who would excoriate someone who said 195 bu corn was a big disappointment. (probably you are one of those, Mr anonymous)

For the record--there are areas in Illinois that are dry but in no way is it comparable to 2012. Also, there is still time for a good rain to be hugely beneficial.

The crop land in Illinois is much longer north to south than it is west to east, and like mentioned above, there are huge variations in soil types. Add to the fact that the prevailing weather pattern moves from west to east, and crop conditions can vary widely.

A. They changed the rules because of you guys over there. The Dakota’s have always had a plethora of PP. the major belly-aching came from Ohio/Michigan (remember JC and others saying the major dairies around there weren’t going to be able to keep their cows fed lol) and Indiana/Illinois to a lesser extent.

B. You just chastised a guy for saying if 25% PP statewide is a valid complaint your yield dropping 25% is also valid. If the yield in the state of Illinois dropped 25% then it would be comparable that’s all I was saying. Don’t get butt hurt about being called out for a ridiculous statement
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)