AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean Gall Midge showing up again around our area!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

doathlon
Posted 7/8/2020 09:55 (#8361107 - in reply to #8360984)
Subject: RE: Soybean Gall Midge showing up again around our area!

johnny skeptical - 7/8/2020 08:45

It would seem to make sense, and after conversing with the extension people last year about it my first reaction was, “why wouldn’t spraying the grass borders work? they really didn’t think the idea had merit, so my response to that was, “ don’t you think that a few trials are in order to at least see if it’ll work”? “I mean really wouldn’t be nice if our state extension was out ahead on at least one agronomic problem we are having”?

well my attempt at shaming them somewhat was overlooked, and they stated that they really didn’t have any plans to do any trials.

do you think that the midges are gdu driven or do you think a calendar specific spray program is more appropriate? Or more precisely how did you determine when to spray?
do you think you got most of the first ones to emerge? 

Sorry I didn’t answer your question but they appears in NE June 10th, SD 12th and MN 15th. I thinks it’s more calendar driven than GDU because we’ve had different springs the last 4 years and they always emerge then. Usually that is when most soybeans are out of the vegetative stage and start adding trifoliates. I think that’s why the midge has been so successful in soybeans

Edited by doathlon 7/8/2020 09:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)