AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School this fall
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Farmerjonathan
Posted 7/7/2020 14:49 (#8359562)
Subject: School this fall

NorthWest Indiana
Another Ag. teacher here. Started teaching in 1986. I teach welding, woodturning and small engines. Last year doing E-Learning was a little easier to do as all of my students had time in the shop and knew my expectations and we had developed a work relationship that could be relied on as well as I knew which students would need more help. Trying to do it at the beginning of the school year for a hands on class in a beginning level class would be a disaster. I will give it my best shot if it comes to that, but it will be a difficult opportunity for sure.

Someone said their taxes ought to go down if the teachers are only teaching 50%. Finish reading what the whole post said. 50% on M & T, other 50% on Th & F. E=learning the 50% at home at the same time and speed and percentage as the ones in the classroom. So now with my school, yes, I will be responsible for those at the school and those at home. No extra prep time, class sizes the same or higher in population.

It will be a brand new year and brand new experience for sure. I look forward to it with trepidation. I pray I don't bring covid home to my asthmatic wife. I drive a morning and afternoon bus route also (my company vehicle).

I have no answers for anyone. My second year ag teaching partner is a solid teacher but really frazzled right now. I am hoping to help ease her anxiety by leading by example for her as well as my students.

I hope all of us are a lot more patient with each other and those that have to make decisions that have far reaching impacts. Good luck to all, stay safe and healthy.

This was to be below with the other thread, how it became a new thread is beyond me. Sorry for disjointing the thread. If a mod or someone could put this in the bottom of the school this fall thread

Edited by Farmerjonathan 7/7/2020 14:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)