AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Camera
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/7/2020 23:16 (#8360540 - in reply to #8358995)
Subject: RE: More Info . . .

central - east central Minnesota -

jonas grumby - 7/7/2020 08:54 Pretend you are talking to someone who has no idea of what is available and has limited technology skills. What would be a good starter camera system to set up around a farm building. My wifi does not reach from my house to my outbuildings. Really don't know where to start. I don't want something elaborate. What I think I want is something that would be set up like a motion detector such that if something passes in front of it a picture will be taken. Without wifi at my shop can I have a camera take a picture and send it to my phone or computer? Or will it just store on a chip? Is that bad if it is on a chip as I am thinking a bad guy would just destroy the camera and chip if he knew his picture was taken. 

Anything is possible - all it takes is time and/or money . .  . . .

How far away are the out buildings ?  WiFi could work ? Just depends on distance and how much you want to spend. As someone suggested, hardwired could be possible too, with more info . ..   What is the surface between home and out buildings (concrete, driveway, yard, dirt ?)? Heck, they are doing Point to Point WiFi up to 5 miles, so it could be possible.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)