AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

software or website that removes the white background of images?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 7/7/2020 07:37 (#8358853 - in reply to #8358603)
Subject: RE: software or website that removes the white background of images?

I use photo scissors to cut out a part of a picture that I want to use in making a collage. It's easiest when it is already on a white background. I cut it out and save it which saves  it on a transparent background which can then be pasted easily into another image. If anything outline it to save as slightly smaller than the actual image as that avoids leaving an outline halo around the object you are cutting out.

The software is pretty good at outlining the image to be cut but if there are finer details or very small areas sometimes it is not real good at separating those. It has a red (remove) and green (save) tool as well as a few others to help you refine the areas that you want to remove or keep. It takes a very steady hand on the mouse to be precise, so I find it is best to really zoom in so it seems more pixilated then select a smaller sized keep or remove tool to outline the more intricate areas. Then when you zoom back out it is less noticeable and better blended.

It's not perfect but can give what I think is acceptable results. A white background is probably the simplest to cut an object from but some pictures or file formats are just better than others.

Here is the link.

https://photoscissors.com/?move

I think you can upload an image and try it out and I think you can also download a free trial version to play with and see if it works like you need it to. You just can't save your created image until you buy the unlock code for the software. I think it was like $24 bucks or something. 

Good luck !

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)