AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Charlie Daniels... Always a Legend in My Mind
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ANewman
Posted 7/6/2020 22:40 (#8358482)
Subject: Charlie Daniels... Always a Legend in My Mind

Hillsboro, TN
It was the fall of '92 or 3. I was in my early teens. You know that time in life when you're trying to figure things out on your own. I remember when I "discovered" The Charlie Daniels Band.

I had a "boombox", that I had gotten for my birthday the previous year, sitting on the dresser in my room. A classmate had let me borrow a cassette, The Charlie Daniels Band- A Decade of Hits. I rushed off the bus and inside the house that evening. When I started playing that cassette, I had no idea of how that one evening would shape the majority of my taste in music. I listened to it over and over until I had to return it, but not without making a copy of it first. I'm not sure how many times a cassette can be rewound, fast forwarded, and replayed, but I had to getting close to the limit.

A short while later I "discovered" Lynyrd Skynyrd and Hank Jr. Between the three, I spent countless hours, in my room, with the door closed, pretending to homework.

I got to see both CDB and Skynyrd (not the original band) in concert together in Huntsville, AL sometime in the mid '90s, still a fond memory.

Today I think I have a wide range of musical tastes but if I had to narrow it down to my favorites, it'd still be CDB and Skynyrd. They left such an impression on me during my teenage years that even today, when I hear either, it evokes a feeling deep inside that's hard to explain.

Charlie Daniels... a God fearing man, a great poet and performer, and a true American Patriot

A couple of my favorites from that album

Strokers Theme
https://youtu.be/WJtTxBpLVrY

In America (applicable today)

https://youtu.be/HQ2naeD5EJA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)