AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School this fall.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 7/8/2020 09:31 (#8361067 - in reply to #8360907)
Subject: RE: School this fall.

southern MN
I’m not going to be extremely opposed to or for masks in schools, it is what it is.

I don’t think it will work very well, if it is required.

Businesses that have mask requirements for the 8 hour day with adult employees end up with very little real compliance. Most folk protect their chins, others poke slits in them, etc. Then the questions on touching the masks, constantly adjusting them and taking them on and off, then are they really supposed to be worn more than 2 hours.....

I would expect school kids to be even worse at it.

I’m not an expert on much of anything so I sure don’t know what ends up being ‘right’ but I just can’t see masks on school kids actually working in the real world, even if that is the proper thing for today in the theoretical world.

Doesn’t make any of this any easier, and no I don’t pretend to know a better alternative in the real world.

I feel for teachers, couple were talking this morning at the coffee shop (yes it’s open again, I saw 4-5 folk with masks, most including the 70-85 year olds weren’t wearing masks who is right who is foolish I don’t know I just want everyone to be comfortable as best they want to be) and they are really in a quandary as to what is coming up for them this year, lot of stress being a teacher and not knowing what’s going to go on this year. They are going to decide in Mn at the end of the month how school is going to look, one of the teachers said of course that will still change 5 times before school actually starts if it does, so who knows.

Daycare, teaching, school, family taking care of kids, what a journey we have ahead.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)