AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School this fall.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerBeef
Posted 7/8/2020 08:00 (#8360907 - in reply to #8360870)
Subject: RE: School this fall.

Northeast Nebraska
I haven't watched any CNN for 10 years when I was passing through an airport. I try to avoid the other hogwash news as well.

I didn't say I was excited about my kids having to wear masks, but I'm not concerned it will be detrimental to their health. WNAX radio station talks with a local doctor from Yankton now and then. His thoughts were the CO2 buildup myth comes from tight fitting mask that don't breathe well, like dust masks we wear on the farm. The recommended masks for Covid-19 are breathable medical masks that don't inhibit breathing, but can catch respiratory droplets on the way out. He said if masks were a danger for CO2 buildup, surgeons would likely pass out in the middle of an 8 hour surgery and that is not the case.

I do understand the risks of kids touching the outsides of the mask and spreading germs, but it's not much different than just going without a mask. I don't expect that the kids will wear them properly like the CDC thinks all robot kids will. I'm just saying let the kids wear a mask if it makes it so they can learn at school.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)