AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School this fall.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 7/7/2020 08:28 (#8358954 - in reply to #8358063)
Subject: RE: School this fall.

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

Claas740 - 7/6/2020 19:45 My sister is a teacher in Houston Texas and she said her district, which I don’t know how many kids that would be, is thinking about spending $44 million on tech stuff so kids won’t have to come to school. If this were to happen, would this be the new norm. I haven’t asked her what she thinks but I would like to say is if it happens the school might not need you anymore and also your taxes are going to go up.

Haven't read all the replies, so may be repeating.

I don't know how this is all supposed to work with the young kids and online learning. Looking at an arbitrary situation, a farmer, Dad, leaves the house at 7AM and is gone (generalization) till maybe 7PM. Routinely, Mom leaves for work at 7:30, normally as soon as the bus runs. Kids should be at school. Are we expecting our daycare providers to be educators as well? Is it to fall to grandparents? Is it all to be done in the evenings, when everyone is already tired from the day? I really don't understand how this is laid out to happen. Is there any clarity from any source on expectations? Middle school and up shouldn't be such a concern. Maybe. But those 2nd and 3rd graders are gonna be at a huge disadvantage going forward, I'm afraid. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)