AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School this fall.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ntexcotton
Posted 7/6/2020 21:05 (#8358257 - in reply to #8358063)
Subject: RE: School this fall.

North Central Texas
I have to answer a survey this week for my kids school and I'll give the response I have.

I was involved in the early days of distance education. It was a combination of satellite and online course work. All work was reviewed. K-12 could not comprehend online courses as well as freshmen or in college. Their maturity did not make them good candidates to finish any course work. Honestly 20 and under could not handle online course work and adults were not readily available to assist those students in comprehension.

I developed many courses for online use and was on the approval committee. Not many but most could not supply the same learning experience as a classroom taught course.

The other aspect is social interaction. I had many students stuck in the community college setting at the time due to testing that were home schooled. They were top students that graduated the top of their class. They failed big at 4 yr colleges and universities because they couldn't handle people. Their are exceptions to that rule but the exceptions are few and far between. We need to be around people or we don't work very well with others.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)