AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This “weather” Market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

zenfarm
Posted 7/6/2020 18:24 (#8357856 - in reply to #8357749)
Subject: RE: This “weather” Market

South central kansas
Catgrader140m - 7/6/2020 17:12

I have not been around long enough to experience a real weather market. In the past how wild can these get? Are we one forecast away from limit down? Crop progress came out today hammering Illinois down and lowering everything 2 percent g/e, will this matter tonight/tomorrow market wise? It’s dry here in eastern Iowa but we are just fine for the time being. I know lots in Illinois Nebraska Indiana are hurting bad. Just curious, I can only hope the dry areas get water. Regulars less of our market I would rather see everyone get a crop. Thanks

A Weather market, is primarily the uncertainty of supply relative to the demand. As the perception of supply decreases relative to demand, the market tries to find a price that rations demand or least a balance between supply and demand. With such a large beginning stocks of corn, if it does turn into a weather market, unless it really reduces supply, it won’t be a wild run up in price, not like if stocks were a lot lower than what they currently are.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)