AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What happens when you call the state chemist on dicambia drift/volitization damage? (Indiana)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Blusteryknollfarm
Posted 7/6/2020 08:51 (#8356984 - in reply to #8356722)
Subject: RE: What happens when you call the state chemist on dicambia drift/volitization damage? (Indiana)

North Central Illinois
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 7/6/2020 06:03

I'll stick with my harassment theory. Can you give me a couple of possible scenarios the state employee might uncover by checking the victim's records having anything to do with cupped beans?

Seems any state employee could ask any victim a couple of quick questions to absolve the victim of responsibility.

1. Do you spray your own crops, or hire it done?

2. Did you or your custom applicator spray any dicamba products prior to spraying the affected field? 

3. What products were applied to the affected field this year? (Knowing this might shed light on damage).

Maybe 1 or 2 more. No need to inconvenience everyone by personal visits or demands for records, even though the records are required....just like yours/ours financial records.

Ron, maybe I'm biased on the issue because of my certified organic operation. I have an annual audit of ALL of my production records (yield, sales, inputs, and field operations). Having good records is just part of being a professional businessman. Obtaining all the relevant evidence is necessary for a fair investigation. Why ask for the alleged offender's records. ***Just ask them your three questions and be done with it.***
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)