AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on Race & Farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

aray63
Posted 7/6/2020 06:31 (#8356757 - in reply to #8355895)
Subject: RE: Thoughts on Race & Farming

barry county mi

Its tough I've Help 4 in last 10 years to get started and to make enough money , 3 I done work for them and tried teaching I'd guess. helping all 3 had some land willed to them. One took over my roasting buiness. well he is back to just making hay ..That is best for him and roasting beans that is best for him the 2d one tried hard to make it but thought you need alot of equioment. for maybe 80 acers Idont know what the statis maybe renting ground out. 3d he is a hustler he is doing mail plowing snow and custom planting and harvesting and still farming conventional, hes got a good family with him that have farmed for decades. The 4th is a family member has a 40 all tilliable ready to be ceterfied organic next spring of course Im complete dictator on this one that doesnt mean it will work .but you have to listen to the old guys if you want them to help you Id guess. Its darn hard to make a go of it anymore. archie ps If one of thee kids had been of color Id help him as well maybe even more, The Guy that takes over my place in the nest 10 or 12 years will more that lickly be a grandson whos dad is half black and his sister will be a big part of it . There if no political corectness here I call all of my 10 grand children slaves when they are working or helping me and if this affend some of you all then you can go straight to hell thanks archie
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)