AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let’s pray
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 7/7/2020 16:53 (#8359755 - in reply to #8359151)
Subject: RE: Let’s pray

North of London
Did I choose the wrong words to point out that praying is good for the person praying/meditating but does nothing else?
Sorry if it made you feel bad but I was just pointing out facts derived from good studies on it.

You can just believe anything but it does not make it correct if it is counter to what evidence and facts show to be true in reality

So we have people posting all the time about their god and asking for prayers that will only make the person praying feel better and what do you think of that?
Is it alright because you just believe in magic beings too?

That is where I differ from many is I expect some evidence before I will accept something as correct.

Look at the people who threaten to pray for me when I have pointed out that the prayer will only make them feel better and do nothing else.
Maybe 'threaten' is a harsh word but do you not think that is the intent behind those posts?
Then they threaten that their god (unproven of course) will torture me for eternity, Is that harsh?
Why do they think only their chosen god is in control and no one else's or just natural forces as I understand but they threaten that their gos will punish everyone else that does not believe in what they believe.

And still I wait for evidence before I accept any of those old beliefs as true.

BTW I have said a lot of people would feel better with some self meditation or call it prayer if that makes you feel better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)