AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Future of sports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

puma
Posted 7/6/2020 19:10 (#8357975 - in reply to #8357842)
Subject: RE: Future of sports

minn gopher - 7/6/2020 18:12

puma - 7/6/2020 13:24

minn gopher - 7/6/2020 12:49

puma - 7/6/2020 11:36

minn gopher - 7/6/2020 11:31

deeretick - 7/6/2020 10:27

minn gopher - 7/5/2020 20:58
I would say in most careers connection are the most important. Connections mean nothing in playing sports. Nothing.

Signed, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

I should’ve clarified, pro sports and real sports.

Signed Michael Jordan, the baseball player.

Reality is, the whole world is built on who you know. If you don't believe that, then you need to get out of your little bubble.

I agree talent is important, but so are connections. Just getting a scout to pay attention requires some politicing. But I'm sure you know that.

I disagree in pro sports At the highest level. it’s 99.999% how you perform. As long as you aren’t a jackass.

He played AA ball. Once in a great while something odd like that happens. There is a reason Jordans, 2 kids, never sniffed the NBA. They weren’t good enough.

Just to be clear, you are arguing that Michael Jordan being Michael Jordan had absolutely nothing (your word) to do with him being invited to play baseball?

Secondly, there are several instances where father/son played the same pro sports. And it's fine with me, I don't care about that, I am just saying connections quite often matter.

Can I live where you do? It would be fun to be that oblivious to the real world, food comes from the fridge, and clothes come from the dresser.

He played AA ball, so not the top level, I said 99.99%. He would fit into .01.

Griffey father son. The son was a 1st ballot HOF. I could see your point, if the son was a bum.

There have been many many times where a son of a super good player never makes the bigs, simply because he isn’t good enough.

That’s the great thing about high level sports, the name on the back of the jersey means nothing, if you can’t play.

So now you are confusing opportunity with greatness. You said connections mean nothing in playing sports, I have given you an example, and you gave another. Just because he wasn't the top 1% of the top 1%, twice, doesn't mean he didn't use connections.

You seem to want to be deliberately obtuse to this, which is fine, keep believing what you will. Things happen in the real world differently.

Have a good day!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)