AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Future of sports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 7/5/2020 20:09 (#8356168 - in reply to #8356011)
Subject: RE: Future of sports

Nw Iowa
I don’t think anybody realizes just how much unemployment is on verge. Had some acquaintances down from cities and some family from other areas of country. Some of them were very concerned that companies they work for were going to have to make some huge cuts. I am really amazed that stock market is holding together. One thing that caught my attention how shut down a lot of these major businesses are and that there are going to be major decisions Made in next serveral weeks how they are going to survive. Our little ag towns have been back to near normal a long time. Hard to believe that major cities still somewhat shut down. Major sports is huge employment but so are fairs, shows, hotels in non major sports areas, restaurants, bars, as our economy has become a service industry. I am afraid whoever gets to be president that we are going to see some major, major upheavals in our world. Other thing that was said was that this thing isn’t going to be over. There is talk that 2 months and you lose immunity as it mutates. Fall and winter are going to be bad. Even with “ the drug” we could be a year out before life returns to normal if it ever does. Housing has been strong but if unemployment hits really hard that will be next. Point I am trying to make is that we are all in for some major adjustment and sports is no different. Athletes on their high horse may find out this thing isn’t over for a long time and maybe they will have to adapt with everybody else. Maybe normal isn’t normal. So far government has taken away most people’s pain, but after elections this might all become very real. People were buying things to relieve boredom as their needs were covered but next year? Not doom and gloom but weekend was reality check.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)