AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

July surprise and the joys of buying pairs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 7/5/2020 12:14 (#8355245 - in reply to #8354994)
Subject: RE: July surprise and the joys of buying pairs

WY, OK
He'd be early or on time. Bought them with 200lb+ calves at their side in Late Nov. They weren't tagged to match their mothers but I think I now know who the only calf to weigh over 600lbs belonged to a few months back when I weaned them. I put bulls in in Dec/Jan so this will be a long drawn out summer/fall on a couple dozen head. At least they are the wrong color so I can ID them easily. I wouldn't have been surprised at some next month because they said the bull was in with them in Nov. but this is really early. Probably bull in year round deal.

I'm glad he is up and moving, this is second move in 2 days and I never would have thought to go back looking for a newborn yesterday morning after the first move across the road. Mom was pissed wanting to go back and I didn't know why until I saw him. If she cycles quick enough this month she may pull herself up into the spring herd. Would end up being 3 calves in 24 months out of a $1150 pair, not bad. Since they are bringing same price if they are 4 weights or 6 it won't hurt to pull him early. Drought might mean everything is getting pulled early if I don't find affordable hay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)