AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

China ag trade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 7/4/2020 13:04 (#8353541)
Subject: China ag trade

Wondering how this works. They have a huge agricultural area to grow crops and people to do so. Why do they buy our crops like soybean, corn, and cotton. I mean the soybean came from China right? Last I heard our fertilizer and chemical comes from China. Why would they buy our ag products? Is it becuase they can buy it cheaper than grow it? I know with pecans, as that is what I grow china decided they wanted to grow pecans and planted 116,000 acres. I am sure in a few years there will be no need for our USA pecans in China. Well they have not bought much the last 2 years anyways.
Why farmers want or need to sell to china is bogus. Screw them. Everyone wants to grow the easy row crops and the goverment rewards this to no end. Yet alot, no most of all canned and frozen fruits and vegetables are imported. Anyone else see a very big problem here? Maybe we need set 25% of that row crop ground aside and grow it ourselves and maybe have the goverment subsidise specialty crops half as good as row crops now and maybe that transition would happen.
Anyone else see this as an issue?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)