AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Things to do/see in, NE IA, MN and NW WI
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Steve NW WI
Posted 7/5/2020 02:30 (#8354543 - in reply to #8353396)
Subject: RE: Things to do/see in, NE IA, MN and NW WI

Star Prairie, WI
The Taylors Falls Queen paddleboat is a nice tour of the Upper St Croix between WI and MN north of the Cities. According to their website, they're running, but at 40% of capacity, and reserving online is encouraged.

It's a nice little hour and a half ride, that shows off Interstate Park and the tour guide shares some of the area's history and is IMO pretty entertaining while doing it.

If you are into dirt track racing, Cedar Lake Speedway is up and running, they just finished up a World of Outlaws weekend tonight. I enjoyed watching the races with some friends that came up from Iowa for the weekend. CLS is close to Somerset WI.

All subject to change due to the Covid stuff, just a couple ideas for you.

I like to think I live in one of the neatest places around. I can be in the Northwoods, the Lake country, St Croix/Mississippi river bluffs, and the Cities, all within an hour from here. A day's drive in a different direction takes me from Canada to Kentucky, the Black Hills to Ohio.

As already mentioned, Duluth/Superior has a lot of ship tours/museums, but I haven't been there in years. My own dang fault for that.

Edit to add, the Siren-Danbury area as well as the Hayward area are nice places to look for a cabin, especially one on a lake. There are lots of smaller lakes in my area, but unless there are some airbnb places around, not a lot of commercial resorts close by.

Danbury and Hayward are both within a long hour or so of Superior.

Like a lot of the country, the best food is at the small local cafes/bars/restaurants. Chain food places are just a place to grab a quick bite if you don't have time to wait for good food.

Edited by Steve NW WI 7/5/2020 02:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)