AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Owning a 30’ strip to property vs keeping a 30’ right of way/easement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kneedeep 2011
Posted 7/5/2020 09:34 (#8354924 - in reply to #8352075)
Subject: RE: Owning a 30’ strip to property vs keeping a 30’ right of way/easement

North Mississippi Delta / Alabama Gulf Coast
SteigerSt320 - 7/3/2020 18:58

What are the pros and cons?

I will consult my attorney Monday morning. This came about late yesterday evening. And most businesses are closed today around here.

My situation.
Purchased acreage on back corner of homestead that was cut out years ago to pay for estate settlement of will. 30' easement across a 20ac field to road.
I purchase land with easement. Owner agrees to gate behind
empty rundown house next to road easement. House has road access driveway but easement is better access. Also water gets in house with heavy rain events at least once a year.
House sells to lowlifes for nothing (owner mortgage) 3 years ago
Lowlife crackhead son later moves camper in and parks in front of gate. Obviously, moving out of my way really chaps his azz and if looks could kill, I would be dead.
Because I am not owner, cant do anything. Owner is flaky and does not want to confront neighbor son, does not block his drive, just mine.
Only option is to take spineless owner into civil court re blocking access by his neighbors son to my property. That would cause issues with him then. 1 issue is enough for me.

If the easement was owned rather than deeded, I would dig a 3' ditch down property line to drain fields, put gate on road and lowlifes would be SOL.

Praying for Noahs flood but only drowns my crops out.

Edited by Kneedeep 2011 7/5/2020 09:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)