AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Defund the Police 2.0 (fireworks confiscation)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John McClain
Posted 7/4/2020 08:17 (#8352988 - in reply to #8352911)
Subject: RE: Defund the Police 2.0 (fireworks confiscation)

America.
MTA7 - 7/4/2020 07:40

Read back slowly sir, I never said you will not find cops that flash their badge, there is probably a fair amount. What im saying is theyre not respected among their peers and that will not work. I have a buddy who just wrote a NYPD officer who did that a citation. But let me ask you a question, do you expect a better deal on corn seed from your local dealer than some out of state guy? If so, why ? What entitles you to that, because you know the dealer? Thats exactly the reason that some cops will get a break from other cops they know.

If you have a jerk of a waiter, mechanic, doctor, or salesman, you simply dont go back to that business. The reason LE is so highly scrutinized is because you dont have a choice to leave that encounter on your own terms. Name another profession that puts their hands on you without your consent? And the majority of farmers like my dad, never had a boss other than their dad, so someone telling em theyre wrong or cant do something, is a new concept to them. Again, plenty of bad cops to go around but its a complex issue that will never be perfect.

Seed corn example has no relevance. A cop can right you a ticket for going 10 over turn around and drive 20 over with no consequences. They can flash their badge in a personal vehicle and get ride home if they are driving and slightly over the BAC limit, you're going to jail. To say they don't get special treatment is a farce.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)