AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Defund the Police 2.0 (fireworks confiscation)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Excalibur
Posted 7/3/2020 11:14 (#8351481)
Subject: Defund the Police 2.0 (fireworks confiscation)

SC WI
I figured I should start a new thread. First I would like to say the police and sheriff provide an essential service.

Here is one, since most places are cancelling 4th of July fireworks, individuals are trying to fill the gap. Now it may be illegal where this happened, but it is not in my state. This is a good way to further the defund the police movement. Notice the Buzz words like(bomb squad, grade explosives).

I live in a semi rural area, so I do not know the struggle of inner cities. But I do see some areas where there could be budget cuts/improvements, for example;

1) Our county sheriff has a fully equipped SUV squad for every officer. This SUV sits at their place of residence when not on duty. A counter example, a city to the north, a not so wealthy city, has one SUV squad for every 2 officers, as in the squad is out on two shifts a day.

2) Since eLogs have relieved a substantial burden on the state patrol/DOT officers, there are more trying to “keep” busy venturing into rural areas. And coming down hard on frivolous laws, that the sheriff’s don’t enforce to hard(since they are frivolous).

3) Frivolous laws: receiver hitch in vehicles while not pulling a trailer. You know why this is law? Insurance companies lobbied to make it law so less damage would be sustained during a rear end collision. There are other laws like this.

4) Profiles: last year in July I got pulled over 3 times, could not figure it out until later. The profile: pick up, middle aged(20-45), white, men, are most likely to be breaking this law. There was also a direct paid Bounty to the department for each ticket. The broken law, failure to wear a seatbelt.

5) Bounties: Yep that’s right. It was once $5000 dollars for every DUI, direct payment to department. Now, I am opposed to drinking and driving and I support getting them off the road. But the unprofessional conduct, when your not drinking and get stopped needs to end.

6) Corrupt Officers/department: Tenant kept getting ticketed for BS, complaining neighbor would call family member city officer, we finally went over their head and got sheriff involved. This city police has other ongoing issues too, but I don’t have details.

(A7220F01-F5DE-4696-9A63-65B74EEE24F6 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A7220F01-F5DE-4696-9A63-65B74EEE24F6 (full).jpeg (219KB - 67 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)