AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much $ left on table based on "expert" advice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

clicker
Posted 7/2/2020 23:12 (#8350807 - in reply to #8350245)
Subject: RE: How much $ left on table based on "expert" advice?

Southern IA
Survivor - 7/2/2020 19:00

I rarely post on Market, but here goes

About 25% of your neighbors will forward contract ZERO, usually be pretty decent with their pricing, basically selling off the tailgate, and delivering at harvest

Another 25% will brag about how they hit the highs, every year, even of they didn't.

The rest sell according to reports, charts, advisors and so on.

What I have learned is:

An expert is anyone 100 miles from their home, that you meet or is traveling away to give a talk.

When the elevator calls you with something, either do nothing, or do the opposite.

NO ONE is an expert. NO ONE has ever seen anything before like this year or the 200 before it. Just not so.

My definition of Expert: See definition of weatherman

Globalization, information, people selling their ideas and expertise is worse than ever. Richard Brock doesn't work for free, never did. He can give all the talk he wants. He doesn't want to be your friend nor will he divulge his positions.

**NEVER** check your mail after 2 pm on Friday. You can't do anything about it anyway: Wrong billings, big bills, jury summons, the list goes on. It can wait till Monday.

Quit wondering, and don't ask your neighbor what he is thinking: He is wondering the same thing, meanwhile hoping you hit the lows and missed the highs.

The only thing listening too an expert allows is someone to blame when it ends up bad

I still firmly believe, if you took two identical 1000 acre grain operations, one that sold off the tailgate and the other did everything possible for marketing, I'd bet that after 20 years there'd not be 100K difference in the balance sheet.

Yep, but the guy doing all the big marketing strategies would have made the payments on the boats and vacation homes the advisor and broker have, as well as gone through a lot of Tums.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)