AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Honey I'll make dinner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/3/2020 08:32 (#8351208 - in reply to #8350425)
Subject: RE: Honey I'll make dinner

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I bought mine used from an Ad on Craig's list. The owner was very old and his neighbor listed it for him as he had one himself. It was almost the typical used car driven by an old lady routine. Mine has the loader, bucket and forks as well as a belly mower. The paint wasn't even worn off the cutting edge on the bucket. He had taken excellent care of it.

It was located about 50 miles away. I called the listed number and got the neighbor who explained the situation. I made arrangements to view it and drove my car to his place. The tractor was fine and I agreed on his price which was quite a bit but I believe worth it. I told him to "hold" the check for a few days until I got some money transferred from an online account. He said I could take the tractor once my check had cleared which seemed fair enough. I noticed he did not hold the check but cashed it right away. Both my transfer of money and his check arrived the same day so there was no problem with the money.

He had even written Paid in Full and initialized it in the memo area on my check to him. He said that way if something should happen to him prior to my picking up the tractor, the note on the check should help keep things clear. I borrowed a car trailer from a friend and hooked it behind my Silverado and picked it up. The neighbor was there who was familiar with the tractor and helped get it loaded on my trailer. The owner gave me a complete set of filters and other supplies.

I got home without incident and called him thinking that he seemed to be the type of guy that would be concerned. He thanked me for calling as he said he was curious how it went. I actually use the tractor more than I expected. The loader and hydro work very nicely with the forks although the tips are a bit hard to see sitting in the seat. I tried the belly mower and it works fine but it doesn't really fit my situation since I have so many trees to mow around.

Mine is used with an auger a fair amount. I was concerned that it might not have enough power but it handles the auger nicely.

Edited by tedbear 7/3/2020 08:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)