AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Latest Covid 19 data update with Ivor Cummins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 7/2/2020 11:12 (#8349547 - in reply to #8349501)
Subject: Lake Havasu City seems to be having some issues

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

The city with a motto of; "Party like you mean it." seems to be having some issues with folks that took it literally. Governor is closing things down again and I read the Mayor has just ordered mask wearing in public places, starting Friday. Found this from a local LHC doctor this morning. Might be worth a read.

Message from Dr. Persaud:

About a week ago, when I posted that our local health care system was reaching its peak, many of you voiced criticism, focusing on numbers and figures that were low, and didn’t reflect a taxed system. And still do so.

I have read all of your complaints and comments. And I respect them all. I understand the skepticism. I understand the confusion. The data can be conflicting.

But for those of us in health care, about a week ago, we simply noted a shift in our day. It was much, much, much busier. And patients were getting sicker and more symptomatic. And it continues to be so.

And here’s my overall take on how I would recommend for you to approach what’s going on... How can you understand what the truth is, when everyone is conveying completely opposite facts?

Whether you believe COVID is a hoax or not...
Whether you believe in masking or not...
Whether you believe the numbers are being double counted or not...
Whether you believe it could be deadly or not...
Whether you believe this is a compromise of your freedom or not...

Let’s erase everything we know about COVID and start anew, all on the same page.

The way to approach an unknown situation is by looking at trends.

Over the last week:

The local health care providers are busier.
The local hospital is busier.
The local urgent cares are busier.
We’re running out of testing supplies.
Non-emergent surgeries have to be cancelled to free up space and manpower to help accommodate new patients.
Other Arizona hospitals are being filled up, and have to ship patients to our hospital.
More of you have a friend or family member who has become positive.
More of you have lost your sense of smell, have had a cough or unexplainable fever, and some stomach upset.
More businesses have had to close for one reason or the other.
More people are sick and need tests and that’s why we’re running out of supplies, so likely, its not really double testing, but reflects prevalence of disease.

Based on the above trend, you can likely conclude that there is something present in our city which is affecting the health of our citizens.

We don’t know how to precisely test for it. (The test is only 70% accurate and takes 7-10 days).
We don’t have a vaccine for it.
We don’t have a way to effectively and completely treat for it. (Studies are still underway.)

All we know is, it’s contagious.
And it seems to be floating in the air.

Therefore, the best possible way to stay healthy, would be to not inhale whatever it is, and try to not come into contact with someone who could possibly have it.

The goal is to try to keep yourself, your friends and family healthy until the scientific team finds a fast and accurate way to test for it, and an effective way to treat it.

And that’s the concept behind universal masking and quarantining. The process only works if we’re all in it together. Otherwise, the medical community will be so busy focused on treating all the sick patients, there will be no manpower left to focus on accurately diagnosing and eradicating it.

Something is there, which is affecting our health. And until we know for sure how to manage it, let’s try to avoid it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)