AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Supposedly the Corn Stocks number was Bearish.. However..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/1/2020 08:47 (#8347101)
Subject: Supposedly the Corn Stocks number was Bearish.. However..

Supposedly the Corn Stocks number was bearish as it came in above Trade expectations yesterday and will probably lead to a larger carry in for 2021.. edit add:  expecting 200+ to around 2.3 bil'ish

However, per my weekly ethanol update we are running about 450 million bushels below last year's grind pace.. and closing the gap weekly.. vs last year.. we'll see what today's numbers are.  Also the Ethanol industry (for the first time ever?!?) is being very disciplined.. (or broke?) about ramping back up.

Frankly I think there's just been so much pain that it's hard for them to scrap the $$$ together to run.. for some of them.. but there are plenty of takers waiting on the sidelines to step in.. just like farmers eyeing a piece of property.. "some day.. gonna own that piece of land."

So.. I know that given the expected margins.. frankly some people just know how to do a better job and will make a very lucrative return in the ethanol industry going forward.. it appears that given AOC's Green New Deal which the Democrats rolled out yesterday.. Big Oils days of having Card Blanche may be sunsetting soon.. not that Pelosi et all like us much better but.. So Big Oil and Ethanol should work together..

"They Need us more than we need them.."

Because our Carbon Footprint is Negative and Theirs is most certainly NOT!!

which is a message we need to get out btw.

Anywho.. the point of this post.. is that Corn Stocks "only" came in at 5,224 vs 5,202 last year and expectations of 4,990 or 234 million above trade expectations.. However with Ethanol down 450.. in my view.. that was pretty good.

Long and Short.. we didn't have the crops or stocks that we thought we had last winter.. and even though ethanol is down 450 myn.. we didn't balloon as much as (I) expected.. and if we can just get the ethanol sector.. stocks are declining.. so someone needs to run.. going.. then maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel.. (or another train?)

Golly Dust from Africa.. what next.

It's incredibly dry out here.. guys are making comparisons to 2011 dry.. Todd says out west they only planted 12% of fall crops that they did in 2019.. Neighbor out north of Garden intended to put in over 2,000 acres of dryland corn.. got 0.0 in.

I'm on fumes.. got 10 loads contracted.. think I got 8.. maybe 9.. hopefully all 10 but gonna be real close.. things like that.

here.

We shipped some EAST for the first time ever.. and guys out West expecting us to fill.. might be in for a surprise.. I think NW Ks probably still has some stocks.. other than that.. they might have to fire up some shuttle (un)loaders... ???

So.. fwiw.

We'll see what today's numbers look like.

Edited by JonSCKs 7/1/2020 09:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)