AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I assume all the below post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 6/30/2020 13:56 (#8345528 - in reply to #8345499)
Subject: Logically it makes sense..

In defense of the USDA...  "uh hum."

Logically it makes sense.  These surveys are intentions..

"How much do you INTEND to plant?"  
"The whole farm."

"How much do you have LEFT to harvest from last year?"
"Oh a little bit.. 20 25%  75% in North Dakota..  Should be able to get that in.. Dec.. Jan.. Feb.. Snowstorm.. Mar.. May.. June."

"Of what you intended how much did you do?"
"All but the acres too.. wet.. Dakota's Indy, Missouri.. Dry.. Tx. Ks Colorado"

How much came up?"
"Most of it.. except for the drown out.. which is a few acres.. quarters.. farms.. in North Dakota.."
"Most of it.. except for what blew out.. which is a few acres.. quarters.. farms.. in SW Ks Tx Panhandle.."

There are area's.. less so than last year.. where "Alot" did not go in as planned.. or we still have last year's crop.. or not enough moisture to plant.. my seed company agronomist speculated that as much as 1.5 million acres of Dryland Corn.. didn't go in around here at the peak of worry.. some finally did.. most did not.

Kansas is down 200 k.. (hmmm better than expected) Texas is down 300 k Colorado is down 50.. Oklahoma..???

etc.. 

edit add: hmm.. how much of those intentions actually got in?  still do not know..

Word today is that the Cotton crop is toast over a large area.. it looks bad here.. and this is the garden spot from what I understand..?!?

So Southwest of me.. well the Saharan Sand storm this weekend.. we thought came from the panhandles.. I guess it was from Africa.. (any locust come with it?  what a year!!)

so.. I get that the numbers bounce around alot.

178 bu corn.. uh huh.. of which includes ALOT of dryland acreage that maybe will do 50 this year.. if that.

My neighbor has about 800 acres out.. of which probably a third has already blown out.. it's 1 to 3 leaf.. some 5.. etc... some zero.  There is NO WAY it will do over 125.. gracious.. 75.. heck I'll be surprised right now if it's even harvested.

There's ALOT of Air under 180.. and yes.. another neighbor is shooting for 280 under his pivot.. also possible.

Edited by JonSCKs 6/30/2020 14:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)