AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tow between or tow behind air cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SDfarmer81
Posted 6/30/2020 11:06 (#8345178)
Subject: Tow between or tow behind air cart

SW South Dakota
We are looking at upgrading to an air cart drill. We currently have a John Deere 1890 CCS and would like more capacity and the ability to put down fertilizer at planting. We are looking at staying with a 1890 as it does a good job and dealer support is best for Deere. I've always thought a tow behind would be nicest because of the ability to see the seeding tool and it would follow better planting curves.

Our dealer had a tow between that appears to be in very good condition. We haven't seen it in person as it is located about 3.5 hours away. Would I be disappointed with a tow between. I know it would still get the job done. We don't really have any big hills that the extra hitch weight would be really important.

Another question is how much fertilizer can be put down with winter wheat? I thought I'd read not to put down more than 10 pounds of nitrogen but I can't find that information again.

We would have to get a 2600 display to run the cart. The tractor is not greenstar ready, and currently run Trimble ez steer. Is there a way to use the GPS signal from the Trimble to do mapping on the 2600? Knowing Deere technology I'm guessing not. Mapping isn't real important but I've thought it would be nice to have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)